Managing Social Profile Reauthorizations
Below you’ll find a video tutorial and step-by-step written instructions on how to manage social profile reauthorizations in your HeyOrca Calendar.
How to Manage Reauthorizations in Your HeyOrca Calendar
What is reauthorization?
Reauthorization is a process required for all 3rd party social media publishing tools, from the social media accounts that they support. HeyOrca connects to your social accounts using tokens from each social network. When tokens expire, your social accounts need to be reconnected, or re-authenticated.
Each social media network keeps policies and security practices intended to keep its users’ accounts and data secure. When a network identifies certain actions on an account, that social network forces its token to expire, which causes the account to disconnect from third-party social media tools like HeyOrca.
Common events that might trigger reauthorizations include:
- Password changes
- Expired tokens
- Adding new members to your account
- Two-factor authentication acknowledgment
- Permissions not acknowledged
How can I tell when an account requires reauthorization?
HeyOrca’s Reauthorization Dashboard feature lets you view and manage your social account connections, and notifies you when an account is disconnected from HeyOrca so that you can prevent scheduled posts from failing to publish.
This feature is shown by either a green check mark a red yield sign at the bottom left your HeyOrca Dashboard.
- A green check mark means that no action is required at this time.
- A red yield sign means that and account has disconnected from your Calendar.
How do I reauthorize accounts in HeyOrca?
If an account requires authorization, you can fix the connection issue by:
- Click on the Red Yield sign to access the Reauthorization Dashboard.
- Scroll through the list of connected accounts and look for a red yield sign beside the social media account to see which account(s) requires reauthorization.
- Click on the “reauthorize” button for that social media account.
- You’ll be redirected to the social network and will simply follow the same steps you took to connect your account to HeyOrca originally.
- Once you’ve finished reconnecting your account, you’ll be redirected back to HeyOrca and will be given a confirmation that your social accounts are now reconnected.
If you run into any issues reconnecting your social accounts or received an error, check out our next video for tips on how to Troubleshoot Reauthorizations in HeyOrca or reach out to our support team for assistance.
How to set up reauthorization email notifications
To ensure a reauthorization is never missed, you can set up email notifications in HeyOrca.
- Hover over your username at the bottom left corner of your screen and click notification settings from the pop-up menu.
- Next, you’ll locate the Calendar you’re adding email notifications to and click on the drop down arrow to the right of it.
- Now you can select the frequence at which you’ll receive notifications by selecting the checkboxes next to “Social Accounts Reauthorization.”
Alternatively, you can set up instant email notifications while reauthorizing a social media account in HeyOrca.
- Click the “reauthorize” button next to your social media account
- Ensure that the checkbox under the “back” and “continue” buttons is checked
Have questions about this tutorial or anything else in HeyOrca? Don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team. You can connect with us by clicking on the blue bubble at the bottom right of your HeyOrca account.
Free 1-on-1 Training
Did you know that HeyOrca offers unlimited Free 1-on-1 training sessions to all our lovely customers?