How to Use the Default Posting Times Feature in HeyOrca
Below you’ll find a video tutorial and step-by-step written instructions on how to use the Default Posting Times feature in HeyOrca to save time creating and scheduling social posts.
What is the Default Posting Times Feature?
With Default Posting Times, you are able to:
- Customize default post times for different clients and social accounts
- Preset your clients posting schedule for your content creators
- Quickly choose from your list of preset posting times
If you are using the Best Times to Post feature in HeyOrca, Best Times will take precedence over Default Posting Times. To learn more about Best Times to Post, check out our Best Times to Post video tutorial.
How to Use Default Posting Times
How to Enable the Feature
First, Head over to your Calendar settings by clicking the gear icon in the grey navigation bar in your Calendar. Click the “Posting Times” tab in your settings.
From here, you will be able to select the social account that you would like to create your Default Posting Times for. Click the Social Account drop down menu in order to select a social account that you’d like to create a Default Posting Times for. You have the ability to create separate posting times for each social account that you have on that Calendar.
Now that you have your social account selected, let’s create our Default Posting Times!
On the right-hand side of your screen, you’ll see options to add Default Posting Times for the social channel you’ve selected.
To get started you can select the “Day of Week”. You can assign Default Posting Times to individual days of the week or bulk assign them by selecting “Everyday”, “Weekdays”, or “Weekends” from the “Day of Week” drop down menu.
Once you’ve chosen your day, you can assign a time. Click the time that is displayed by default, and pick your desired time from the dropdown menu. Once you have selected your time, click “Add Post Time” and it will be saved in your schedule!
If you need to remove a time slot that you have created, hover over the time, and click the red “X” shown beside it. You can also add multiple times for each day so that you have multiple options to choose from when creating a new post, or changing the existing date on a current post.
How to Add Default Posting Times to Your Posts
Once you’ve enabled Default Posting Times, all that’s left to do is start scheduling your posts or updating existing posts.
- Create a post on the day in your schedule for that calendar, and your first default posting time will be automatically selected!
- If you need to change the time of a post, you will also be able to select a Default Posting Time from the drop down menu listed.
- If you have multiple posting times created for that day of the week and social account, they will appear in the dropdown menu to select from. If you already have a default posting time scheduled for this day, when you create a new post or change a post to a new time, the next Default Posting Time will be suggested for you.
Have questions about this tutorial or anything else in HeyOrca? Don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team. You can connect with us by clicking on the blue bubble at the bottom right of your HeyOrca account.
Free 1-on-1 Training
Did you know that HeyOrca offers unlimited Free 1-on-1 training sessions to all our lovely customers?