How to Use the Best Time to Post Feature in HeyOrca
Below you’ll find a video tutorial and step-by-step written instructions on how to use the Best Times to Post feature in HeyOrca to increase engagement on your social posts.
What is the Best Time to Post Feature?
HeyOrca’s Best Times to Post feature helps you schedule your social media posts at optimal times for higher engagement.
HeyOrca will automatically pull engagement data from each of the social accounts you manage and recommend optimal posting times based on the historical performance of your content.
The Best Times to Post will be unique to each of the social accounts you manage and can be based on metrics such as engagement, comments, or impressions. HeyOrca will also continue to automatically update Best Times to Post based on rolling 3 month engagement metrics so that recommended times will update based on changes in your engagement.
How to Use Best Times to Post
How to Enable the Feature
The Best Times to Post feature is currently available for Instagram business accounts, Facebook pages, LinkedIn Company Pages, and Twitter profiles.
First, you need to make sure that your social media account is connected and reauthorized in HeyOrca.
Next, head over to your Calendar Settings section for that Calendar by clicking the gear icon on the grey navigation bar in your Calendar. Then, click the “Posting Times” tab.
You can also choose the social media account that you want to view your best times for by clicking the drop down menu above the “Suggest Best Times”. You will need to repeat these steps for each of the channels you manage.
Make sure that the feature is turned on by clicking the toggle next to “Suggest Best Times” to blue.
You can choose the number of suggested times that you want to show per day by clicking the “Show up to top” drop down menu, and you can select up to 5 best posting time suggestions to display per day. You can also choose the engagement metric that you want to filter your best times by in the adjacent drop down menu.
Once you turn on the feature, you may notice new times with star ratings beside them display in your schedule. These are the times where your posts have received the highest amount of engagements on your selected social channel over the past 3 months. The stars represent their ratings. The higher the star rating, the more likely you are to get higher engagement for posts scheduled at this time. Best times are populated by the historical results from your page, and some days may not show any results as there were no posts scheduled on those days.
These times are automatically added to your Default Posting Times, so that when you create new posts or reschedule them, your best times will display so that you can choose them as your posting time for your content! You can do this by scheduling a new post for the day of your choice, and clicking the best times highlighted with star ratings from the drop down menu. You can also change the time for a post that’s already created, and change it to an existing best time suggestion by clicking on the time and date of your post.
How to Add Best Times to Your Posts
Once you’ve enabled Best Times to Post, all that’s left to do is start scheduling your posts or updating existing posts.
Note: Best Times to Post will only display if they are available for that particular day on the social channel you are publishing to.
To schedule a new post with Best Times to Post:
- Pick a day on your clients’ Calendar
- Select a channel that has the Best Times to Post feature toggled on
- The editor will automatically select the optimal time to post on that day for the social media account you’ve chosen!
- If you decide to schedule additional posts on that same day, the next best time will appear by default (if available)
- If there isn’t a Best Time to Post for that particular day, and you’ve got Default Posting Times assigned – you the Default Posting Times will appear automatically.
- If you’d like to post on a custom time, you can do so by clicking on the existing time and selecting the time you desire
To schedule Best Times to Post on existing posts:
- Click on the post you’d like to update.
- In the Post Editor, click on the time your post is currently scheduled to go out. This will be listed directly under your account’s name at the top of the editor.
- In the pop-up window, click on the current time your post is scheduled to be published.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Best Time to Post and hit save. Best Times will be displayed with a star rating beside the time.
Have questions about this tutorial or anything else in HeyOrca? Don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team. You can connect with us by clicking on the blue bubble at the bottom right of your HeyOrca account.
Free 1-on-1 Training
Did you know that HeyOrca offers unlimited Free 1-on-1 training sessions to all our lovely customers?